Last year, we said goodbye to Google Play Music but its successor – Youtube Music – is already rivaling the streaming giant Spotify on the small screen. Now the default music for the new Android phones, the streaming service has seen a massive surge in popularity and is said to have over 50 million users worldwide.
However, there are pros and cons to using this music app. While Youtube Music has made it easy to stream, upload and purchase your favorite music when it comes to downloading songs, it’s not always smooth sailing. Unfortunately, many of the bugs and glitches from Google Play have found their way onto the new platform.
To begin with, unless you want to stretch to a pricy premium subscription, your screen will be hijacked by ads and you won’t be able to use it for anything else. But what’s even more troubling for music fans, is you no longer have access to your Google Play Music downloads – songs that you uploaded and paid for!
If, like us, you love rocking to the perfect playlist but don’t want to pay a high price for low-quality audio, the good news is there is a better way to record streaming music from Youtube. All you need is Replay Music and this handy guide.
Downloading Music From Youtube Music
With Replay Music, you can easily download from YouTube Music to listen to music offline. Just follow the steps below to learn how to do it:
- First, find a song you want to download from the Youtube website.
- Next, go to Recording Setting in the Setting tab. Here you find an Output Settings scroll box.
- Simply, click on the arrow and scroll down to select your preferred format.
- Here, you can also choose at what bitrate you want to record. Keep in mind that generally, a higher bitrate results in a larger file size. This is important if you don’t want to use up too much precious mobile data.
- You should also click on Application in the Audio Recording Method scroll box. This allows you to grab the song directly from Youtube without background interference from any other audio files playing on your computer.
- Once you’ve finished editing these settings, you can start recording the audio stream by pressing the Record button.
- When the song comes to an end, Replay Music saves it as an audio file on your computer. This robust software also automatically tags the song with the relevant album artwork and lyrics. If this information is incorrect, you can easily edit all the song details manually in the Settings tab.
- Finally, you can import the audio files into iTunes or Windows Media Player library. Or download them directly onto your mobile phone.
And that’s it! Who’d have thought that downloading streaming music was that easy? Even more so from formerly hard-to-reach websites such as Youtube. If you want to learn more about recording music online, you can find everything you need to know in our detailed user guide. Otherwise, don’t hesitate to download the software today and try all its amazing features for yourself.