With a reported 2 billion users worldwide, there’s no surprise that YouTube is one of the hottest spots to build a brand, share content, and make some serious cash. But with so many content creators out there, how can you make your YouTube channel stand out from the crowd? While there’s no magic formula to success, there are plenty of simple tips and tricks you can employ to set yourself up for a thriving YouTube channel. Read on to find out more…
- If you’re starting out from scratch, think about what you want to do with your channel. Firstly, who are you going to target? How are you going to appeal to them? The more targeted your content is, the more it will speak to these viewers. Then, consider what type of content you are going to be posting… Will your videos include tutorials, product reviews, or vlogs of your day-to-day life? How can you engage your viewers − are you going to be educating them, or entertaining them? Answering all of these questions will be your first step to building a successful channel.
- Establish your personal brand. All great brands have an identity, so your YouTube channel will need one too. When considering your visuals and audio, what style do you want your channel to adopt? What topics do you want to focus on? No matter what you do, don’t forget to convey your personality. There is only one of you in the world, so make your channel stand out by being yourself, whether that’s opening up in a personal vlog, or sharing a bit of who you are in a tutorial or product demo.
- Work hard to develop quality content. Think about investing in some dedicated equipment such as lights, a quality camera or microphone. Once you’re up and running, produce effective videos by keeping them as short and sweet as possible. We’re living in the attention economy, where creators and brands are competing fiercely for audiences’ attention. It’s crucial that you keep your videos direct so that your viewers don’t click away. Keep opening credits and titles short, and get to the main section of your video as quickly as you can. If you tend to pause or hesitate as you speak, you can edit out these distractions with a handy tool like Replay Media Splitter. While longer videos will improve your watch time − which will boost your content in the algorithm − don’t be tempted to create filler content. Make sure that every second is providing value to the person watching.
- Let your viewers know what to expect. Be consistent in your subject matter, and consistent in the timing and frequency of new posts. Posting familiar content on a regular basis like this will help you to build up your audience. If sticking to a schedule sounds challenging, try to build up a backlog of content so that you’ll always have something to post, even when life outside of YouTube gets in the way. Finally, think about developing your videos as part of a series to get viewers hooked on your content, and waiting eagerly for the next instalment.
- Remember − “Like, subscribe and share!” Promotion is key. At the end of your video, add links to your other popular videos, and remind the viewer to subscribe to your channel and opt-in to notifications. Ask them to like the video and comment too − this engagement will work wonders for your position in the ranks. To go the extra mile, collaborate with other YouTubers by featuring in their videos, or inviting them to appear in yours. With this, you can cross-promote and share followers between you. It’s a win-win.
- Check out your analytics. From your Creator Studio, you can compare the performance of your videos and work out which is resonating best with your audience. To give your videos a boost, try employing SEO techniques, such as by including keywords in your video titles and writing detailed descriptions. While this can be a little more time-consuming, it’s definitely worth your while.
Of course, it goes without saying that the success of your YouTube channel will also rely on the quality of the video itself. When you need to edit your videos to be the best they can be, look no further than Replay Capture Suite for everything you need to make stunning, engaging content.
With seven incredibly useful programs for Mac and Windows, you’ve got everything you need to split and join files, encrypt and protect your work, download video and audio, record your screen and much, much more. Plus, with our free demo, you can try all seven incredible tools with no strings attached! So, what are you waiting for? Check out Replay Capture Suite and take your YouTube channel to the next level today.